What to Wear at HCA
HCA students have worn uniforms since 1998.
A reminder that by choosing HCA, you choose to support our uniform guidelines.
We believe that uniforms are valuable for our school community for a number of reasons:
- Demonstrate respect
- Create unity
- Build identity and association with HCA
- Presents a modest appearance and students are well-dressed regardless of family income or fashion trends
All students must own the full dress pieces specific to their grade.
Full-dress uniforms are distinctive to HCA and are specific to various grades of students. All students must own the full dress uniform for their grade as it forms the foundation for the everyday uniform collection. Full Dress uniform may be worn any day but must be worn on specific days and occasions as determined by HCA Admin leadership.
The Everyday collection is a 'mix & match' uniform worn everyday with the exception of special occasions or select days as determined by HCA admin leadership. HCA's everyday uniform collection consists of a combination of full dress and more casual items including polo shirts, black bottoms (pants, skort, kilt), and layering pieces like the zip-up or cardigan. Black socks and solid black shoes are standard for all uniform.
Some ways we support uniforms at HCA:
- Customer Service Days (most months) hosted by Top Marks, our uniform supplier.
- Used uniform sales to provide families with the opportunity to buy & sell used uniform pieces
- Subsidies and assistance for those who require financial support to purchase uniforms