The Hawks Kids Out-of-School Care Program offers safe and caring Christ-centred childcare at HCA for children 3-12 years of age. The program provides access to activities and resources (including games, toys, books, and assorted materials) based on children's interests.
- Art - encouraging creativity and divergent thinking skills through self-directed art; at times art may be demonstrated to teach specific techniques or styles
- Manipulatives - discovering how things work through hands-on activities ranging from the planned set-up of miniature worlds to exploring the inside of an old laptop or phone
- Sensory - developing sensory awareness with materials such as magic sand, artificial snow, and water beads using tools to measure, weigh, organize, explore and experiment
- Science - learning about God's design and creation through scientific experiments and activities
- Physical - We value the physical development of children and use time to play outside or in the gym for organized games or free play.
- Other Activities
- There is time for a snack each day (Parents are expected to send a healthy snack for their child).
- On special days, we may bake or cook something for everybody to share
- Sometimes we have guests visit to share their experience and knowledge
What Parents Are Saying...
"Viktoriya seems great. She has lots of activities to do with her little crew and they all seem happy. My son is happy for sure."
"So far, I like the program and specifically the people involved in the after school care...
I also see this time after school as an additional opportunity for these kids to keep growing and learning."