Statement of Faith
The following Statement of Faith defines the core beliefs and values of Heritage Christian Academy:
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired and only infallible, authoritative, written word of God. 2 Timothy 3:16-27
- We believe that there is one God, eternally manifested in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Matthew 28:19; 2 Corinthians 13:14.
- We believe that the universe originated by the creative act of God as revealed in Holy Scripture and that the form of every kind of life was fixed at the time of its creation. Genesis 1:1; John 1:1
- We believe in the true deity and true humanity of our Lord Jesus Christ, His pre-existence, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, His bodily resurrection, His Ascension to the right hand of the Father, and His future visible return in power and glory. Colossians 1:13-20; John 1:14.
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ is the only mediator between God and man. 1 Timothy 2:5
- We believe that all men are lost and sinful, and that salvation is received through personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and by the act of regeneration of life by the Holy Spirit of God. Romans 3:23-26; Titus 3:5.
- We believe that by the present indwelling ministry of the Holy Spirit, the Christian is enabled to live a godly life, and that every believer should practice the holiness which God requires. Ephesians 1:13-14; Romans 8:1-4; Romans 12:1-2; Titus 2:11-13.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life, and they that are lost unto the resurrection damnation. John 5:24-25; 28-29.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ. John 17:20-23; 1 Corinthians 12:12-13.
- We believe that support and participation are needed in the task of fulfilling the Great Commission. It is an obligation of all believers in our Lord Jesus Christ. Matthew 28:19-20.
We recognize there are other doctrines held by Christians which they believe are consistent with, but in addition to, the above doctrinal statement. However, such teachings are not promoted by Heritage Christian Academy, though they may at times be respectfully discussed.